Being rather skinny in my adolescence, and finding my physical fitness tests in school a constant challenge, I decided to embark upon a fitness routine at the age of eighteen with the desire to create a change in my physical strength and stature. I began reading extensively about anatomy, kinesiology, posture, training and nutrition, determined to achieve results naturally and healthily.
Ever mindful that the body is one kinetic chain where everything works together, I constantly strive to improve stability and movement patterns incorporating bodyweight training, resistance training and functional training, moving constantly from one exercise to the next, which adds a high cardiovascular component to the workouts.
I have never looked back since that humble beginning; and the results in terms of improved strength, health, vitality and fitness have been, and continue to be, immensely rewarding!
I constantly strive to be the leading fitness instructor in Singapore, improving my knowledge and abilities for continued self-improvement, and that of my clients.
What customers say
* When I first started weight training in 2001, I said “I want my body back! I want to shed 10 kgs!”. I was a 63.4 kg fatso conquered by 36% of fat invaders. I detested looking at mirrors. Now, I am able to look at and admire…continue →
* Without Darren I would not be as fit and healthy as I am now. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few years' ago and at the time was unable to do any real exercise as I would suffer from debilitating headaches and muscle pain. But Darren was…continue →
* I’ve been working out with Darren since the last 18 months just after I had my second daughter. I’ve lost 15kgs of post pregnancy weight and have never been fitter. Darren’s biggest strength is that he works on your mind. He helps you to visualize your goals,…continue →
* I have always been skinny throughout my life, but never fit and strong. Never been quite interested in fitness and never able to stick with a workout plan. One day in 2010, I stumbled upon an old friend from school who tried to convince me to start exercising…continue →
* I have been training with Darren Perera since 2004. I’ve trained with other trainers before Darren and have done various types of fitness training routines including, aerobics, yoga and weight training during the last 10-12 years. Rarely have I seen the single-minded dedication and commitment that Darren…continue →
Certified BodyPump Instructor
Les Mills International
Certified Aqua Aerobics Instructor
The Federation of International Sports, Aerobics and Fitness (FISAF)
Certified Kickboxing Fitness Instructor
International Kickboxing Federation (IKF)
Certified Nutritional & Fitness Professional
Certified Special Populations Trainer
American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA)
Certified Accelerated Results Program
California Fitness Centers (CFC) School of Excellence
Certified Personal Trainer
International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
Certified Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Singapore Red Cross Society
Certified TRX Trainer
Certified Kettlebell Trainer
Being passionate about exercise, training and assisting people of all ages and abilities regarding health, fitness and nutrition, one2one Fitness customizes workouts that constantly evolve together with your progress.
With an emphasis on posture, alignment, biomechanics and optimal exercise combinations that improve and enhance mobility. Ever mindful of integrating safety along with workout creativity and intensity. Therefore, if your goals are weight loss or embarking upon a fitness workout in Singapore, one2one Fitness is your one-stop solution.
So, whether you desire a fat loss fitness program in Singapore, muscle building, sports enhancement, a weight loss training program in Singapore, getting back in shape after pregnancy or simply strengthening the body for activities performed in everyday life, one2one Fitness is ready to assist you with your fitness and nutritional goals in a professional and fun manner.
one2one Fitness specializes in programs and services for:
- Fat Loss
- Body Sculpting
- Muscle Toning
- Body Building
- Chronic Diseases
- Physical injury & Disability
- Functional Strength
- Sports Enhancement
- Cardiovascular & Endurance
- Special Population Training
- Athletic Training for Youth
- TRX Training
- Kettlebell Training
- Pre & Post Natal Fitness Training
- Stretching & Posture
- Nutrition Planning & Guidance